So before I begin I have had four revelations in the past couple days.
- Eyebrows are there to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes.
- I don’t mind black coffee/espresso. But adding only cinnamon does not make it taste better.
- I now have a complex about leaving my cell in my lap while I drive, after reading an article about a woman who developed cancer in her leg after leaving her phone on her leg for years while driving. (especially because I usually put it on the seat…between my legs…beneath my…well…you know).
- Running my normal 5 miles on day 3 of Whole 30, in 28 degree weather is the DUMBEST thing you can do.
Ok not sure if those are revelations but hopefully my acquired…useless….knowledge helps you get through your day.
So this time through I am not going to include everything I eat because its, well exhausting and boring. But honestly we are using a lot of the same recipes and meals…so check out the last one if you want suggestions. But I will include a few food notes here in there. For example…Like I said on Monday I worked on dressings to help top some of the more bland foods. And here are the three I used.
- 1/3 cup coarse grain, brown or Dijon mustard
- 3-4 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Put them all in a food processor or blender. Done. It helps that I love mustard because this one could be sweeter (which you can accomplish by adding more dates) to really get the honey mustard flavor.
Whole 30 Ranch
Whole 30 Mayo (needed to make the above ranch)
Thanks Moscato Mom.
Everything I have eaten since then has had one of the three put on it. And it has made the world of difference.
Lastly as I mentioned above 5 miles on day three was a mistake. But today has been tough in general. Work stress, dumb people, zero carbs or alcohol and a lack of energy are not helping. If you are going to do Whole30 try to avoid all of these on the same day.